This privacy notice relates to the personal data processed by the Office of Scott Mann, Member of Parliament for North Cornwall, in relation to casework and policy queries.
Who is the Data Controller?
The Data Controller is Scott Mann, Member of Parliament for North Cornwall.
What does the Office do?
The office discharges the duties and functions of an elected Member of Parliament. As part of this work, we conduct constituency casework and respond to policy queries, for which we must process personal data of our constituents.
How do we process data?
This office processes constituents’ data under the lawful basis of 'public task', as set out in the General Data Protection Regulations. In instances where this lawful basis is not sufficient and explicit consent is required, a member of the office will contact you to establish your consent.
We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will we share your data with anyone else?
If you have contacted Scott Mann about a personal issue or policy matter, we may pass your personal data on to a third-party in the course of dealing with your query, such as local authorities, government agencies, public bodies, health trusts, regulators, etc. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely and use them only for the basis upon which they were originally intended. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with our procedures.
We will not share the personal information of members of the Scott Mann MP Newsletter mailing list or those in receipt of his email newsletter.
In any case, we will not use your personal data in a way that goes beyond your reasonable expectations in contacting us.
For how long will you keep my personal data?
Unless specifically requested by you, our office will hold your personal data for as long as we deem necessary during the period that Scott Mann holds the office of Member of Parliament for North Cornwall.
Casework and policy queries are often revisited to provide the best service and representation for constituents, from whom we may continue to receive correspondence. Therefore, we feel it is reasonable to hold personal data for as long as Scott Mann holds the office of MP.
If following an election Scott Mann no longer holds the office of Member of Parliament, then all constituents we hold data on will be contacted, asking if they wish for their data to be transferred to the new Member of Parliament or securely destroyed. If after a limited amount of time a constituent has not responded, then all the data we hold on them will be securely destroyed.
What rights do I have to my personal data?
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing, such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: if our office refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason why. You have the right to complain.
How can I contact somebody about my privacy?
You can get in touch with the office in person or by letter, email or telephone using the below details.
Please note that we will ask for identification should you choose to exercise any of the above rights in relation to personal data we hold.
Telephone: 01208 74337
Address: Office of Scott Mann MP, 10 Market House Arcade, Fore Street, Bodmin, Cornwall, PL31 2JA