Today (14th September) the Government has announced the launch of the Great British Insulation Scheme. Please find a letter from Lord Callanan attached if you want some more information about this announcement.
This will help more than 300,000 families heat their homes and save money on their bills through energy efficiency upgrades, such as:
- Cavity wall insulation
- Solid wall insulation (internal or external)
- Loft insulation
- Flat or pitched roof insulation
- Underfloor insulation
- Solid floor insulation
- Park home insulation
- Room-in-roof insulation
To be potentially eligible for this scheme, please note that it is targeted at households who:
- Have an energy performance certificate (EPC) of D-G.
- Constituents can check their EPC rating through this link: https://www.gov.uk/find-energy-certificate
- Between Council tax bands A-D in England.
- Between Council Tax bands A-E in Scotland and Wales.
- Constituents can check their Council Tax band through this link: https://www.gov.uk/council-tax-bands
However, if constituents are unsure and want to check whether they are eligible for the scheme, they can do so by using the online checker at this link:
Equally, if constituents are not able to use the online service, they can speak to an advisor on the helpline by calling this number: 0800 098 7950. This service is open:
- Monday to Friday between 8am-6pm
- Saturday between 9am-12pm